- We have painted the grotty minty green bedroom white (antique white USA for those interested in their paint colours).
- We built a chicken cage (FINALLY) so our chickens no longer had to sleep in a breezy cold and sometimes stifling hot tin shed.
- We cruised the mighty Murray River on a house boat with some amazing people (such a highlight!)
- Obtained a membership to the Diggers club to inspire me to do something about our poor overlooked veggie garden. I am happy to report that as of this lovely winter season we now are successfully growing snowpeas, spinach, beetroot, broccoli, potatoes and tons of rocket. Ive also planted some nasturtiums, coriander, basil and parsley for some herby goodness. Im still missing my rosemary and thyme so that is still to come.
- I turned 30
- Best of all: A beautiful little man entered our lives and turned our worlds upside down mid June last year. Heath is a funny little creature with loads of cheek. He loves nothing more than helping me around the house, visiting his family and friends, being out doors and getting into mischief. Did I mention he is cheeky? Heath is now 1 and is walking talking (well to the best of his knowledge he is anyway). I have never experienced so much joy or cried so much as Ive done in the last 13 months, but crikey, all those late nights trying to get the little bugger to sleep are all worthwhile when he pulls his dummy out his mouth, tries to give it to you and giggles. How could you possibly be upset with that. Yep, parenthood has been a roller coaster of bodily functions/fluids, sleepless nights, tantrums (from parents as well as the baby), smiles, giggles, kisses, cuddles, adventures and milestones. And here we are, we've made it through his first year alive!! I love my men xx
So here I am. A fresh start. All inspired after a day which involved friends and a couple of sewing machines I thought its time I ought to do something about the gap in my blog. Hoping I can keep it up. Inspiration welcome! Enjoy this lovely July day.